Take action against hearing loss
Over time, reduced stimulation to your ears and brain can actually impair the brain’s ability to process sound and recognise speech. The more speech recognition deteriorates, the more difficult it is to recover. When you can’t hear what’s going on around you, your mental sharpness suffers.
The sooner you take action, the sooner you put a stop to the negative effects of hearing loss, and the sooner you begin to regain sharpness, confidence and control.
Seven reasons to treat hearing loss
Research by the non-profit National Council on Aging concluded that hearing loss treatment is shown to:
- Improve earning power
- Improve communication in relationships
- Improve intimacy and warmth in family relationships
- Improve ease in communication
- Improve emotional stability
- Improve sense of control over life events
- Improve physical health