Oticon Siya 1 Star Rating: 1/5
Price: £645 per aid, £1145 per pair
Style: BTE (Behind the Ear), ITE (In the Ear)
Fitting Style: RIC(Receiver in Canal), BTE (Behind the Ear), ITC (In the Canal), ITE (In the Ear), IIC (Invisible in Canal), CIC (Completely in Canal), MC (Mini-Canal)
Warranty: 5 Years
Founded in 1904, Oticon is the world’s second largest hearing aid brand. Oticon introduced the world’s first wireless “internet-connected hearing aids” in 2016. Oticon is continuously innovative in their approach to their researched-based “BrainHearing”.
The Oticon Siya Range
Launched in 2018, the Oticon Siya range is part of their essentials category of hearing aids. The Oticon Siya range offers a great listening experience with high-resolution sound processing, high-speed sound compression and amplification, offering a broader range of sound for users.
“While our revolutionary open sound technology is exclusive to the Oticon Opn premium hearing aid, Oticon Siya offers a number of high-end features, such as comprehensive connectivity, to enhance the lives of people with hearing loss.”
The Oticon Siya 2 Model
The Oticon Siya 2 is seen as the ‘budget’ aid for Oticon. For the basic needs of hearing well in conversations, but do not expect to be able to hear well in noisy social situations.
- Noise Reduction LX: this feature provides a more comfortable listening experience, which therefore improves speech understanding.
- Multiband Adaptive Directionality LX: this feature quickly adapts to 15 different listening scenarios, each scenario precisely eliminates individual noise sources and then seamlessly adapts back to the full sound scene once the individual noise has gone.
- Single Compression LX: this feature compresses and amplifies sounds to deliver a dynamic and smooth sound.
- Bass Boost: this feature controls the bass leakage in open fittings when streaming audio.
- Feedback shield LX: this feature provides really quick and effective feedback management, preventing feedback sounds without compromising the audibility or the sound quality.
- Wind Noise Management: this feature protects against uncomfortable noises from the wind.
- Adaptation Management: this feature uses three steps to help the user become acclimated to their new hearing aids.
- Tinnitus sound support: this feature provides a variety of customisable tinnitus relief sounds.
- ConnectClip: this accessory serves as a remote control for your hearing aids, a Bluetooth Streamer, a microphone and a Smartphone Streamer, enabling hands free phone calls.
- Oticon ON App: this smartphone application is available for iPhone smartphones and enables the user to change the volume of the hearing aids, change the programs and turn them off.
- Stereo streaming
- Remote Control 3.0
- TV Adapter 3.0