Phonak Belong B90 Star Rating: 5/5
Price: £1545 per aid, £2645 per pair
Style: Behind the Ear/In the Ear
Fitting Style: RIC (Receiver in Canal), BTE (Behind the Ear), ITC (In the Canal), ITE (In the Ear), CIC (Completely in Canal), MC (Mini-Canal), SP (Super Power)
Warranty: 5 Years
Founded in 1947, Phonak is the world’s largest hearing aid brand. Phonak has an innovative and customer-focused approach to the research and development of their products, with their main focus being speech understanding.
The Phonak Belong Range
Launched on 30th August 2016, Phonak introduced the Belong range of hearing aids. This generation of hearing aids includes the Audeo B-R, with the first ever lithium-ion rechargeable battery.
The Phonak Belong range has superseded the Phonak Audeo Venture 90/V90.
The Phonak Belong B90 Model
The Phonak Belong B90 is the top level of performance in this range of hearing aids, designed for people who have a relatively dynamic lifestyle.
The Phonak Belong B90 has the following models:
- Phonak Audeo B90-Direct
- Phonak Audeo B90-10
- Phonak Audeo B90-312
- Phonak Audeo B90-312T
- Phonak Audeo B90-13
- Phonak Audeo B90-R
- AutoSense OS: this feature provides 60% better speech understanding than wearing no hearing aids, there is also a 10% improvement in hearing soft voices by scanning the sounds in an environment every 0.4 seconds. This feature also has the ability to zone into an individual voice in a noisy environment. This feature adjusts automatically to the environment and can create over 200 forms of how the aids sound.
- NoiseBlock: this feature reduces the background noise to enhance speech understanding in noisy environments.
- UltraZoom: this feature detects all sounds in a quiet environment and then focuses on speech, no matter which direction it is coming from.
- SoundRecover 2: this feature converts the detected high frequency sounds to lower frequency sounds that the listener can hear.
- WhistleBlock: this feature eliminates unwanted whistling made from the hearing aid
- QuickSync: this feature automatically takes volume adjustments and changes in program from one hearing aid and applies it to the other.
- TinnitusBalance: this feature helps distract the brain from tinnitus by producing different masking sounds.
- Auto Acclimatisation: this feature automatically increases the volume gradually to help the listener become acclimated to wearing hearing aids.
- Real Ear Sound: this feature mimics how the ear detects the direction a sound is coming from, providing a more realistic sound experience.
- FlexVolume: this feature emphasises the important speech frequencies when the volume is increased, and reduces the sound of frequencies in background noise when the volume is reduced.
- DuoPhone: this feature automatically streams the phone conversation to the hearing aids to boost the speech understanding.
- Roger Ready: this feature automatically connects to the Roger Microphone.
- WindBlock: this feature filters out the sound of blustery wind that can hinder hearing
- Tinnitus Balance: this feature helps the user with tinnitus through distraction
- Real Ear Sound: this feature helps create a more natural sound
Extra Features For This Model:
- Comfort in Echo: this feature reduces the amount of distortion making speech more comfortable
- Speech in Car: this feature reduces the amount of broadband noise in a car to make it easier to hear speech.
- Comfort in Noise: this feature makes noisy environments comfortable when no speech is present.
- Speech in Noise: this feature adapts and reduces noisy environments to make speech clearer.
- Calm Situation: this feature provides the optimal gain for understanding speech in quiet one-to-one conversations.
- FlexControl: this feature personalised the AutoSense OS feature in terms of the volume control becoming automatic and personalised.
Although the Phonak Belong B90 range is not able to connect to Bluetooth enabled devices (apart from the Phonak B Direct B90 model), the other models are compatible with other Phonak wireless accessories, including:
- ComPilot Air II
- ComPilot II
- DECT II
- EasyCall II
- PilotOne II
- Roger 18 Receiver
- Roger 19 Receiver
- Roger Clip-On Mic
- Roger EasyPen
- Roger MyLink
- Roger Pen
- Roger Select
- Roger Table Mic II
- Roger X Receiver
- TVLink II
The Phonak Audeo B-Direct can connect to any Bluetooth enabled phone allowing you to use your hearing aids to take calls hands-free. The built in microphones also pick up your voice while on a call.
The different models in the Phonak Belong B90 hearing aids have different battery/charging options. Most models in the Belong range require batteries:
- Phonak Audeo Belong B90-10: size 10 battery
- Phonak Audeo Belong B90-312: size 312 battery
- Phonak Audeo Belong B90-312T: size 312 battery
- Phonak Audeo B90-13: size 13 battery
Rechargeable Belong hearing aids:
- Phonak Audeo Belong B70-R
- 2 hours: (full charge) 24 hours use