Phonak Virto B-Titanium 70 Star Rating: 4/5
Price: £1345 per aid, £2245 per pair
Style: In the Ear
Fitting Style: IIC (Invisible in Canal)
Warranty: 4 Years
Founded in 1947, Phonak is the world’s largest hearing aid brand. Phonak has an innovative and customer-focused approach to the research and development of their products, with their main focus being speech understanding.
The Phonak Virto B-Titanium Range
The Virto B-Titanium range uses the Belong technology which was first launched in 2016, superseding the older Venture “V” platform.
The Phonak Virto B-Titanium 70 Model
The Phonak Virto B-Titanium 70 is slightly less sophisticated than the Phonak Virto B-Titanium 90 model, but is still adequate for most hearing losses.
- AutoSense OS
- Music: this feature gives an enhanced experience when listening to music by providing an expanded dynamic range, slow speeds in compression and more gain.
- Comfort in Noise: this feature reduces the volume in noisy environments where there is no speech to provide a more comfortable experience for the user.
- Calm Situation: this feature provides the optimal gain for listening to quiet conversations in quiet environments.
- Acoustic Phone: this feature streams the signal of a phone call to both ears so the voice can be heard in both ears.
- SoundRelax: this feature is designed to cushion unpleasant sounds while maintaining speech clarity.
- FlexControl: this feature personalises AutoSense OS making simple adjustments more powerful.
- FlexVolume: this feature increases the clarity when more volume is required.
- SoundRecover2: this feature is the second generation of SoundRecover technology, designed to improve speech audibility by using an adaptive frequency lowering algorithm; mid and low frequencies are maintained, while high frequencies are enhanced.
- Tinnitus Balance noise generator: this feature generates a broadband sound that can be used for tinnitus management therapies, or for masking tinnitus.
- WhistleBlock: this feature recognises and filters the real noises of feedback and feedback-like sounds.
- NoiseBlock: this feature recognises the difference between speech and non-speech sounds and reduces the uncomfortable noises in the environment.
- User Preference Tuning: this feature remembers and applies the user’s adjustments made with FlexControl and FlexVolume.
- auto Acclimatization: this feature automatically increases the volume of the hearing aids as the user is wearing them to help them become acclimated to them.
- AOV: this feature (Acoustically Optimized Venting) creates an individualised vent that can reduce occlusion to the lowest level possible.
Because of the design of the titanium shell, the Phonak Virto B-Titanium range has no wireless capabilities and there is also no option to stream sounds between the hearing aids or to an external device.
The Phonak Virto B-Titanium 70 hearing aids require size 10 batteries.