Phonak Belong B50 Star Rating: ⅗
Price: £1045 per aid, £1945 per pair
Style: Behind the Ear/In the Ear
Fitting Style: RIC (Receiver in Canal), BTE (Behind the Ear), ITC (In the Canal), ITE (In the Ear), CIC (Completely in Canal), MC (Mini-Canal), SP (Super Power)
Warranty: 4 Years
Founded in 1947, Phonak is the world’s largest hearing aid brand. Phonak has an innovative and customer-focused approach to the research and development of their products, with their main focus being speech understanding.
The Phonak Belong Range
Launched on 30th August 2016, Phonak introduced the Belong range of hearing aids. This generation of hearing aids includes the Audeo B-R, with the first ever lithium-ion rechargeable battery.
The Phonak Belong range has superseded the Phonak Audeo Venture 90/V90.
The Phonak Belong B50 Model
The Phonak Belong B50 is a mid-range option of the Phonak Audeo Belong range, designed for people who live a relatively quiet lifestyle.
The Phonak Belong B50 has the following models:
- Audeo B-Direct
- Audeo B-R
- Audeo B-10
- Audeo B-312
- Audeo B-312T
- Audeo B-13
- AutoSense OS: this feature provides 60% better speech understanding than wearing no hearing aids, there is also a 10% improvement in hearing soft voices by scanning the sounds in an environment every 0.4 seconds. This feature also has the ability to zone into an individual voice in a noisy environment. This feature adjusts automatically to the environment and can create over 200 forms of how the aids sound.
- NoiseBlock: this feature reduces the background noise to enhance speech understanding in noisy environments.
- UltraZoom: this feature detects all sounds in a quiet environment and then focuses on speech, not matter which direction it is coming from.
- SoundRecover 2: this feature converts the detected high frequency sounds to lower frequency sounds that the listener can hear.
- WhistleBlock: this feature eliminates unwanted whistling made from the hearing aid
- QuickSync: this feature automatically takes volume adjustments and changes in program from one hearing aid and applies it to the other.
- TinnitusBalance: this feature helps distract the brain from tinnitus by producing different masking sounds.
- Auto Acclimatisation: this feature automatically increases the volume gradually to help the listener become acclimated to wearing hearing aids.
Extra Features For This Model:
- Real Ear Sound: this feature mimics how the ear detects the direction a sound is coming from, providing a more realistic sound experience.
- FlexVolume: this feature emphasises the important speech frequencies when the volume is increased, and reduces the sound of frequencies in background noise when the volume is reduced.
- DuoPhone: this feature automatically streams the phone conversation to the hearing aids to boost the speech understanding.
- Roger Ready: this feature automatically connects to the Roger Microphone.
Although the Phonak Belong B50 range is not able to connect to Bluetooth enabled devices (apart from the Phonak Audeo B-Direct), the other models are compatible with other Phonak wireless accessories, including:
- ComPilot Air II
- ComPilot II
- DECT II
- EasyCall II
- PilotOne II
- Roger 18 Receiver
- Roger 19 Receiver
- Roger Clip-On Mic
- Roger EasyPen
- Roger MyLink
- Roger Pen
- Roger Select
- Roger Table Mic II
- Roger X Receiver
- TVLink II
The Phonak Audeo B-Direct can connect to any Bluetooth enabled phone allowing you to use your hearing aids to take calls hands-free. The built in microphones also pick up your voice while on a call.
The different models in the Phonak Belong B50 hearing aids have different battery/charging options. Most models in the Belong range require batteries:
- Audeo B-Direct: 13 zinc air
- Audeo B-10: 10 zinc air
- Audeo B-312: 312 zinc air
- Audeo B312-T: 312 zinc air
- Audeo B-13: 13 zinc air
Rechargeable Belong hearing aids:
- Audeo B-R: built-in lithium-ion battery
This comes in a few different options:
- Phonak Charger Case BTE/RIC: an all-in-one portable charger and hard case
- Phonak Mini Charger BTE/RIC: a smaller compact charger for two hearing aids
- 2 hours: (Full charge) 24 hours use
- 1 hour: 12 hours use
- 30 minutes: 6 hours use
- 15 minutes: 3 hours use